I kicked off 2015 with some ambitious goals like “Workout 300 times”. I failed at that, but I did succeed in working out waaaaay more than I would’ve otherwise. So, win.
I’m still not great at budgeting for the home, but I at least track our finances and know where the $$ is going. I use Mint, so I can tell you interesting facts like I spent exactly $200 on Health & Fitness related purchases in the 2nd week of December.
I make these lists not as resolutions. I don’t put attempts to better myself until the first of the year. These are goals that I’d like to hit. I believe writing them down is the best way to make them real and hold yourself accountable.
Other 2015 accomplishments include
- Launching of10podcast. I’m now in #SZN3 (season 3) of the show — which I might add was never intended to go past season 1. People really appreciated what I was trying to do with highlighting incredible tech personalities I thought more people should know, and listeners demanded more. I’m, as of today, 23 episodes in. (3 seasons of 10 episodes/per, and I’m 3 episodes into 3rd season).
- Classana Launch. We launched Classana a couple months ago. It was late per my goal of January, but we did it! In fact, we pushed a majorupdate yesterday. Check out this post to read more on that.
- Working out 300x. OK, so I didn’t workout 300 times. It was probably more like 100. Maybe 70. Anyway, I kicked off the year working out alone in my garage where I have a pretty cool setup. Then in the Summer, I got a trainer. I highly suggest getting a trainer so you don’t waste a lot of time trying to get the results you’re looking for.
- Budget. Read opening paragraphs. Also check out Mint. It’s free for the basic account, which is probably all you need.
- Graduate with Bachelors degree. Click here.
- Cutout late night snacks & soda. Replace with Tea. I actually did really well on this.
- Read 30 books. I failed. Will try again.
- Blog 3x per month. I blogged a lot more, but not this much. B-
- Drink breakfast daily. Failed. D.
- Make more music. Wasn’t a priority. One day it might be again.
- Achieve internal Classana goals & milestones. Sorry, can’t go into much detail here.
- Read a book a month.
- Continue podcasting. I have some audience reach goals I’ll be working to hit.
- Track my food intake with myfitnesspal. I’m already a week in. It’s already working because I’ll skip certain foods just because I don’t want to have it on record.
- Complete a class on Treehouse.
Since my head is deep in building Classana, I’m going to keep my list short this year.
What are you set to work on for 2016?